Genre: Action; Platformer; Shooter
Developer: Insomniac Games
Release Date: 11/5/2002
1 in stock
Set in a futuristic world filled with spaceships; robots and high-tech gadgets; Ratchet and Clank moves from planet to planet across a vast solar system. Ratchet lives on an abandoned backwater planet and dreams of someday striking out on a magnificent space adventure. Closer to the center of the galaxy; Chairman Drek rules a polluted planet; Orxon; inhabited by an ugly race called the Blarg. He too has dreams; but his concern is conquest and domination. Tired of his polluted world; Chairman Drek comes up with the ultimate solution – to build a new planet using the best parts from many of the other worlds in the galaxy. If he can’t convince the inhabitants to part with a few thousand hectares of their worlds the army of robots and Blarg warriors can eliminate any resistance.
In one of the factories creating Chairman Drek’s evil armies a computer glitch creates a small but smart robot – Clank. Learning about the Chairman Drek’s plans Clank flees the factory seeking help but his ship is shot down over Ratchet’s homeworld. Forced together by circumstance Ratchet and Clank blast off from planet to planet through an extraordinary sci-fi universe. The unlikely pals encounter imaginative characters acquire a plethora of weapons and gadgets and blow up everything in their path as they uncover more of the Chairman Drek’s plan.
- Developed and created by Insomniac Games this is an all-new action-adventure platformer available exclusively for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. This superstar development team includes Mark Cerny of Cerny Games who has been heavily involved with Ratchet and Clank from the beginning of the project.
- The player can acquire over 35 different weapons and gadgets in the game. Each has a unique function and the game is structured so that the acquisition of these items is spread out evenly over the player’s entire experience.
- Ratchet has one of the most comprehensive sets of moves of any character on any platform. Ratchet can perform more than 20 standard moves and as the player begins to acquire the many gadgets in the game the number of moves Ratchet can perform will grow astronomically.
- Weapons weapons and more weapons! The game offers more than 35 weapons and gadgets that the player can acquire and equip. Each ultra-destructive weapon while easy to use has a different function and allows players to devise their own strategies when taking on hordes of enemies.
- The game’s economic system requires gamers to frequently purchase gadgets infobots (clues to new levels) weapons and their respective ammunition Players have the option to spend their time collecting money to build up their inventory of weapons to eliminate the tougher enemies or they can plow ahead with a minimal weapon selection facing a more difficult time as they advance to later levels. Players can earn money by destroying enemies searching their surroundings and solving puzzles.
- Gamers can accessorize all of the weapons and gadgets obtained throughout the game by accessing the inventory screen to build up Ratchet with hand head and foot gadgets.
- A ‘quick select’ menu allows players to select weapons quickly or view their ammo counts without having to go back to the inventory screen.
- The combat system is easy to comprehend – there are a lot of enemies to shoot most of them are fairly easy to destroy with the right weapon and most importantly all of the weapons are fun to use. Because of the variety of weapons available there is an immense depth to the enemy gameplay within the levels.
- The science fiction theming that permeates the game sets it apart from all other action-adventures. Travel from planet to planet in Ratchet’s space ship exploring a huge variety of environments challenges and alien atmospheres. Use futuristic high-tech devices battle intelligent robots and blow up everything with your ultra-modern weapons.
- A variety of fun action-filled minigames provide players with immense gameplay variety – not only can the player play as Clank but Ratchet can use vehicles that he finds throughout the game
- Breathtakingly enormous environments unlike anything else on the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Each planet is filled with life movement energy and full interaction that will keep players mesmerized for hours.