Video game popularity has grown over the past few decades. The love for gaming is starting earlier and earlier for children every year. There are a variety of genres in which games which can sometimes include content that we don’t want our children to be exposed to. That is why third-party professionals in the industry assign video game ratings to each game. The video game ratings provide age restrictions and guidelines to help inform parents of the video game content. Age restrictions are important to understand before you allow your child to purchase or play a game that is not suitable for their age group.
What Every Parent Needs To Know About Video Game Ratings
Who Is Involved In The Ratings Of Games?
There are two main organizations that deal with video game ratings for PlayStation and Xbox, as well as computer games (PC). The first organization, PEGI is found in Asia as well as Europe. Meanwhile, the United States uses Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) to assign video game ratings.
There are also other platforms that provide ratings for mobile device games such as the App Store and Play Store. These professionals have the duty of determining the age group of a game and also providing extra information that alerts parents to what type of content is found throughout the game in question.
The PEGI Ratings
PEGI ratings provide the following age group categorizations:
- PEGI 3 games are appropriate for all age groups.
- PEGI 7 games are appropriate for younger children.
- PEGI 12 games are only appropriate for children 12 and older.
- PEGI 16 games are only appropriate for individuals 16 and older.
- PEGI 18 games are only appropriate for adults to play.
PEGI also includes symbols with text that explain what kind of content will be found in the game. For example, bad/strong language, violence, drugs, gambling, sex, discrimination, and if the game is played online. It is important to know that online video games may expose your children to individuals who might not have morals that are in line with what you are teaching your child.
The ESRB rating system provides ratings based on the age-appropriateness of video games:
- RP stands for “rating pending”, meaning it hasn’t been determined yet.
- EC stands for “early childhood” meaning young children can play the game.
- E means “everyone” can play it. Or, all age groups.
- E10+ stands for “everyone from the age 10 and older”.
- T stands for “teens”.
- M means that the game is for “mature” age groups
- A stands for “adult” age groups only.
App Store and Play Store
App Store and Play Store ratings are differentiated based on the region in which you reside. They have age ratings that will alert parents to which games are age-appropriate for their children.
Control what games your kids are able to download and play with these helpful tools for parents.
Gamers Omaha, Lincoln NE, & Sioux City, IA – Game Store
Gamers is now buying, selling, and trading in popular Trading Card Game (TCG) such as Pokemon, YuGiOh, and Magic the Gathering! If you have cards you want to sell or trade for games we’re your go-to place!
So stop by your local Gamers store today! We will be getting new booster packs for all of these games in the next few weeks as well!
Gamers is a video game specialty store featuring new and used games, consoles, accessories, electronics, retro games, and other related gaming products. We buy video game products so you can upgrade your collection to the items you want now. Contact us today.
- Ipl Betting Odds Today
- Cricket Test Betting
- Join Netbet Today And Get Your Hands On Incredible Casino Bonuses
- Get In On The Action At Indibet, India's Most Popular Casino Site For Gaming Enthusiasts
- Cricket Betting Tips In India
- Betline Exchange
- Betln Exchange
- Exchange 22 Apk
- Ten Exchange
- Bet Star Exchange
- Cricket Buz.com
- Ipl Cricket Matches
- Vra Cricket Ground
- Cricket T Shirt Design
- India Womens Cricket Live Score