Publisher: Sega of America
MultiPlayer: Split Screen; Same Screen
Release Date: 3/19/2002
The series that ignited the 3D fighting genre has returned to dish out more punishment. From the renowned team at SEGA-AM2; led by Virtua Fighter and Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki; comes Virtua Fighter 4 for the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system. This new version of the definitive hand-to-hand martial arts sim features fully-optimized graphics designed to harness the power of the PlayStation 2. But it’s not just about looks; and VF4 delivers an extremely deep fighting system; highly-tuned AI; and two new characters hungry for their place at the top. If you are new to the Virtua Fighter series; the in-depth training system will teach you the art of combat; move-by-move. Rewards await those who master every move; and you can expect to unlock a few secret techniques along the way. The series that started it all is back and ready to stand triumphant again on the PlayStation 2.
- Two new characters (Lei Fei and Vanessa Lewis) join 11 VF veterans for a grand total of 13 fighters each with their own unique styles based on real martial arts.
- New counters and defensive moves allow players to switch up their stances and fighting styles mid-bout.
- High-polygon character models exquisite detail and brilliant light-sourcing combine to create breathtaking visuals.
- Coach your own AI character — train a computer-controlled character through sparring and an easy-to-use rewards system then pit your character against a friend’s or challenge the arcade mode.
- A new accessory system allows you to customize your character’s clothing sunglasses hairstyles and more.
- Unlock special items that let you to learn devastating new moves.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor