Genre: Shooter; FPS
Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Crytek UK (Free Radical D)
MultiPlayer: Split Screen
Release Date: 10/15/2002
1 in stock
TimeSplitters 2 is adrenalized adventure through time to save mankind’s future from the grasp of an evil race seeking to end it all. Operating in periods of past and future history the TimeSplitters have hidden crystal shards that power a time portal device which allows them to travel through time and corrupt mankind’s fate.
The only way to stop the TimeSplitters evil plot is to pursue them into the portal and recover the nine crystals before they are lost forever. In control of a space marines that has infiltrated the TimeSplitters ship teetering on the edge of space and time leap into the unknown track down the crystal and eliminate the TimeSplitters with as much prejudice as you can muster!
- Deeply involved single player and co-operative story modes are delivered through a complex narrative with multiple objective-based episodes and superbly animated cut-scenes.
- The game engine has been extensively upgraded to accommodate bigger environments and special graphical effects while staying true to the distinctively smooth break-neck paced action that TimeSplitters is known for.
- Nine time traveling episodes each with their own distinct graphical style and mission objectives spanning time periods as diverse as lush jungles of Aztec temples the gangster-ridden 1920’s Chicago Neo Tokyo 2019 and a Robot Factory in cold space all set to an outstanding musical score themed around each level.
- A vast variety of weapons to choose from ranging from crossbows and blowguns to flamethrowers and laser pulse rifles.
- Over 90 characters and enemies featuring the original cast some of their ancestors and new renegades and lunatics that you’ll want and need to eliminate!
- Multiplayer mayhem is back extending carnage possibilities with link support allowing multiple consoles to be joined together. Delivers the most exhilarating experience you’ll get from your console!
- Customizable multi-player mode scenarios including death match capture-the-bag escort last stand and much more.
- Enhanced combat effects; screen shake dramatic lighting more reactive character hit animations all make for some serious hot-leaded action.
- The massively enhanced Mapmaker has been greatly enhanced allowing the truly hardened gamers with the ability to create their own ‘story levels’ as well as killer death match scenarios.