Genre: Shooter; Tactical
Developer: Zipper Interactive
Release Date: 10/11/2005
Explore three new Areas of Operation (AO): Morocco; Poland; and Bangladesh. Streaming environment technology allows gameplay maps to be five to six times larger than in SOCOM II: U.S. NAVY SEALs. In addition; multiple save points eliminate having to replay a failed mission from the beginning allowing for seamless progression through the plotline.
For the first time in the SOCOM series land and water vehicles play a central role in the gameplay experience. Vehicles are drivable by both players and AI and cover a range of military and civilian vehicles including tactical turret-equipped pickups and the SEAL-team configured military Humvee and SOC-R Assault Boat.
The innovative new weapon customization system in SOCOM 3 allows players to use more than 30 different weapons and attachments resulting in nearly1000 different weapon combinations. The new Team Command Actions (TCA) allows you to quickly give your teammates context sensitive commands such as move to breach and more simply by pointing at the location and pressing a single button. Combined with more complex team and enemy AI behavior SOCOM 3 presents a fully immersive and more intense tactical experience than ever before.
- New Areas of Operation: Morocco Poland and Bangladesh are designed with detailed plots and varied mission destinations.
- Land and water vehicles drivable by both players and AI characters bring new tactics to the SOCOM franchise.
- Using 31 authentic weapons and 21 compatible attachments on multiple hard points players have nearly 1000 different weapon combinations for customized combat execution.
- New Team Command Actions let the player direct the fireteam quickly with a single button press.
- Complex AI behavior makes use of cover positions blind firing and fallback behavior to better simulate urban combat. Leader AI provides rallying behavior and coordinated chain-of-command scenarios.
- Swimming and water combat play a tactical role in SOCOM 3. Use water for cover or pilot strike boats for waterborne assaults.
- Streaming environment technology enables gameplay maps five to six times the size than in SOCOM II . Larger maps provide much more varied and rich gameplay experiences.
- Multiple paths to mission resolution bring replayability and variety to the single-player experience.
- New technology brings advanced particle and graphic effects for more realistic weaponry environments and equipment.
- Association with Naval Special Warfare Command ensures authentic and realistic SEAL gameplay and mission designs.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor