Genre: Compilation; Action/Adventure
Release Date: 8/4/2015
In celebration of its 30th anniversary; Rare created ‘Rare Replay’ which brings together the adventures of its iconic characters in a collection of 30 games that span the decades. From its earliest 2D classics to Xbox 360 triumphs ‘Rare Replay’ is lovingly presented for Xbox One and delivers a treasure trove of gameplay for veteran players and newcomers alike.
‘Rare Replay’ features brand new challenges not to mention new cheats visual options and achievements – over 10000 gamerscore and 700 hours of gameplay! Here are the titles Rare veterans and newcomers can look forward to:
- ‘Jetpac’ (released in 1983 1-2 players) – Single-screen shooter where Jetman must reassemble and fuel his rocket while fending off alien hordes.
- ‘Atic Atac’ (released in 1983 1 player) – Top-down adventure with increased replayability thanks to randomized object locations and three different character classes.
- ‘Lunar Jetman’ (released in 1983 1-2 players) – A return to the ‘Jetpac’ side-scrolling formula but with a scrolling randomly generated landscape and much more to do.
- ‘Sabre Wulf’ (released in 1984 1-2 players) – Classic jungle maze game and the first appearance of explorer Sabreman tackling dangers including the vicious ‘Wulf itself.
- ‘Underwurlde’ (released in 1984 1 player) – Rare’s first true platform game. Help Sabreman survive the perils of the Underwurlde and escape through one of three exits.
- ‘Knight Lore’ (released in 1984 1 player) – Introduction of Ultimate’s groundbreaking isometric Filmation engine. Sabreman must scour the castle for items to cure his werewolf curse.
- ‘Gunfright’ (released in 1986 1-2 players) – A Wild West spin on the isometric style with an improved engine and new first-person target-shooting sections.
- ‘Slalom’ (released in 1987 1-2 players) – Rare’s first console game. Make it to the bottom of each course before time runs out while avoiding trees sledders snowmen and other skiers.
- ‘R.C. Pro-Am’ (released in 1988 1 player) – Responsive racing game that inspired elements of Rare’s future racers including speed boosts upgrades and collectible power-ups littered around the track.
- ‘Cobra Triangle’ (released in 1989 1 player) – Hop into a boat and power through a branching game world completing challenges such as shooting targets disposing of mines and defeating leviathans.
- ‘Snake Rattle N Roll’ (released in 1990 1-2 players) – A fast-paced isometric adventure. Rattle and Roll must eat Nibbley-Pibbleys until they’re heavy enough to ring a bell and open the exit.
- ‘Digger T. Rock’ (released in 1990 1-2 players) – 2D platformer in which Digger must find an exit switch stand on it then make it to the exit in 60 seconds.
- ‘Solar Jetman’ (released in 1990 1 player) – A game built around exploration and physics; Jetman has to tow fuel and other items to his mothership.
- ‘Battletoads’ (released in 1991 1-2 players) – Skill and perseverance required as the ‘Toads take on multiple game styles to rescue Pimple and Princess Angelica from the Dark Queen.
- ‘R.C. Pro-Am II’ (released in 1992 1-4 players) – Sequel to ‘R.C. Pro-Am’ with a wider variety of environments more car customization options and bonus games.
- ‘Battletoads Arcade’ (released in 1994) – First ‘Battletoads’ game to allow all three ‘Toads to play simultaneously. Has never had a home release before ‘Rare Replay’!
- ‘Killer Instinct Gold’ (released in 1996 1-2 players) – Home version of ‘Killer Instinct 2’ with several multiplayer modes (including tournament mode) and a training dojo.
- ‘Blast Corps’ (released in 1997 1 player) – Cult classic with a fleet of destructive vehicles (from bulldozers to robots) used to clear the path for a runaway nuclear missile carrier.
- ‘Banjo-Kazooie’ (released in 1998 1 player) – 3D platformer adventure where Banjo and Kazooie must take on the evil witch Gruntilda who’s kidnapped Banjo’s sister Tooty and plans to steal her beauty for herself.
- ‘Jet Force Gemini’ (released in 1999 1-4 players) – Interstellar action adventure that mixes third-person exploration and alien-blasting action as the last three JFG members go up against Mizar.
- ‘Perfect Dark’ (relased in 2000 1-4 players) – A stealth shooter set in the year 2023. Players lead secret agent Joanna Dark against the dataDyne corporation as they uncover an alien conspiracy that takes her around the world.
- ‘Banjo-Tooie’ (released in 2000 1-4 players) – Builds on Banjo-Kazooie with larger worlds separately controllable characters multiplayer modes and many more moves to learn.
- ‘Conker’s Bad Fur Day’ (released in 2001 1-4 players) – Beloved comedy adventure that mixes up genres (platformer third-person shooting racing) with mature humor pop culture references and parodies.
- ‘Grabbed by the Ghoulies’ (released in 2003 1 player) – Rare’s first Xbox game. A comic book beat-’em-up set in a haunted house filled with breakable scenery and Ghoulies of all kinds.
- ‘Perfect Dark Zero’ (released in 2005 1-4 players locally up to 32 players online) – A prequel to ‘Perfect Dark’ that delves into Joanna’s origins and fuses first-person shooting with third-person cover-based combat.
- ‘Kameo: Elements of Power’ (released in 2005 1-2 players locally or online) – A fantasy adventure focused on combat and exploration with Kameo able to transform into ten different Elemental Warriors.
- ‘Viva Piñata’ (released in 2006 1-2 players locally) – A magical gardening/life sim in which the player can cultivate a garden paradise attract different Piñatas and keep them safe from Professor Pester and his Ruffians.
- ‘Jetpac Refuelled’ (released in 2007 1-2 players locally or online) – A modern update to ‘Jetpac’. Assemble and fuel your rocket before blasting off to the next of 128 challenging stages.
- ‘Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts’ (released in 2008 1-2 players locally up to 4 players online) – A more open-ended customizable approach to the series with vehicle-based challenges set by L.O.G. (the Lord of Games).
- ‘Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise’ (released in 2008 1-2 players locally or online) – Features new species and Piñata Central challenges plus desert and arctic regions to visit and catch native Piñatas.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor