Genre: Compilation; Action/Adventure
Release Date: 8/4/2015
2 in stock
In celebration of its 30th anniversary; Rare created ‘Rare Replay’ which brings together the adventures of its iconic characters in a collection of 30 games that span the decades. From its earliest 2D classics to Xbox 360 triumphs ‘Rare Replay’ is lovingly presented for Xbox One and delivers a treasure trove of gameplay for veteran players and newcomers alike.
‘Rare Replay’ features brand new challenges not to mention new cheats visual options and achievements – over 10000 gamerscore and 700 hours of gameplay! Here are the titles Rare veterans and newcomers can look forward to:
- ‘Jetpac’ (released in 1983 1-2 players) – Single-screen shooter where Jetman must reassemble and fuel his rocket while fending off alien hordes.
- ‘Atic Atac’ (released in 1983 1 player) – Top-down adventure with increased replayability thanks to randomized object locations and three different character classes.
- ‘Lunar Jetman’ (released in 1983 1-2 players) – A return to the ‘Jetpac’ side-scrolling formula but with a scrolling randomly generated landscape and much more to do.
- ‘Sabre Wulf’ (released in 1984 1-2 players) – Classic jungle maze game and the first appearance of explorer Sabreman tackling dangers including the vicious ‘Wulf itself.
- ‘Underwurlde’ (released in 1984 1 player) – Rare’s first true platform game. Help Sabreman survive the perils of the Underwurlde and escape through one of three exits.
- ‘Knight Lore’ (released in 1984 1 player) – Introduction of Ultimate’s groundbreaking isometric Filmation engine. Sabreman must scour the castle for items to cure his werewolf curse.
- ‘Gunfright’ (released in 1986 1-2 players) – A Wild West spin on the isometric style with an improved engine and new first-person target-shooting sections.
- ‘Slalom’ (released in 1987 1-2 players) – Rare’s first console game. Make it to the bottom of each course before time runs out while avoiding trees sledders snowmen and other skiers.
- ‘R.C. Pro-Am’ (released in 1988 1 player) – Responsive racing game that inspired elements of Rare’s future racers including speed boosts upgrades and collectible power-ups littered around the track.
- ‘Cobra Triangle’ (released in 1989 1 player) – Hop into a boat and power through a branching game world completing challenges such as shooting targets disposing of mines and defeating leviathans.
- ‘Snake Rattle N Roll’ (released in 1990 1-2 players) – A fast-paced isometric adventure. Rattle and Roll must eat Nibbley-Pibbleys until they’re heavy enough to ring a bell and open the exit.
- ‘Digger T. Rock’ (released in 1990 1-2 players) – 2D platformer in which Digger must find an exit switch stand on it then make it to the exit in 60 seconds.
- ‘Solar Jetman’ (released in 1990 1 player) – A game built around exploration and physics; Jetman has to tow fuel and other items to his mothership.
- ‘Battletoads’ (released in 1991 1-2 players) – Skill and perseverance required as the ‘Toads take on multiple game styles to rescue Pimple and Princess Angelica from the Dark Queen.
- ‘R.C. Pro-Am II’ (released in 1992 1-4 players) – Sequel to ‘R.C. Pro-Am’ with a wider variety of environments more car customization options and bonus games.
- ‘Battletoads Arcade’ (released in 1994) – First ‘Battletoads’ game to allow all three ‘Toads to play simultaneously. Has never had a home release before ‘Rare Replay’!
- ‘Killer Instinct Gold’ (released in 1996 1-2 players) – Home version of ‘Killer Instinct 2’ with several multiplayer modes (including tournament mode) and a training dojo.
- ‘Blast Corps’ (released in 1997 1 player) – Cult classic with a fleet of destructive vehicles (from bulldozers to robots) used to clear the path for a runaway nuclear missile carrier.
- ‘Banjo-Kazooie’ (released in 1998 1 player) – 3D platformer adventure where Banjo and Kazooie must take on the evil witch Gruntilda who’s kidnapped Banjo’s sister Tooty and plans to steal her beauty for herself.
- ‘Jet Force Gemini’ (released in 1999 1-4 players) – Interstellar action adventure that mixes third-person exploration and alien-blasting action as the last three JFG members go up against Mizar.
- ‘Perfect Dark’ (relased in 2000 1-4 players) – A stealth shooter set in the year 2023. Players lead secret agent Joanna Dark against the dataDyne corporation as they uncover an alien conspiracy that takes her around the world.
- ‘Banjo-Tooie’ (released in 2000 1-4 players) – Builds on Banjo-Kazooie with larger worlds separately controllable characters multiplayer modes and many more moves to learn.
- ‘Conker’s Bad Fur Day’ (released in 2001 1-4 players) – Beloved comedy adventure that mixes up genres (platformer third-person shooting racing) with mature humor pop culture references and parodies.
- ‘Grabbed by the Ghoulies’ (released in 2003 1 player) – Rare’s first Xbox game. A comic book beat-’em-up set in a haunted house filled with breakable scenery and Ghoulies of all kinds.
- ‘Perfect Dark Zero’ (released in 2005 1-4 players locally up to 32 players online) – A prequel to ‘Perfect Dark’ that delves into Joanna’s origins and fuses first-person shooting with third-person cover-based combat.
- ‘Kameo: Elements of Power’ (released in 2005 1-2 players locally or online) – A fantasy adventure focused on combat and exploration with Kameo able to transform into ten different Elemental Warriors.
- ‘Viva Piñata’ (released in 2006 1-2 players locally) – A magical gardening/life sim in which the player can cultivate a garden paradise attract different Piñatas and keep them safe from Professor Pester and his Ruffians.
- ‘Jetpac Refuelled’ (released in 2007 1-2 players locally or online) – A modern update to ‘Jetpac’. Assemble and fuel your rocket before blasting off to the next of 128 challenging stages.
- ‘Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts’ (released in 2008 1-2 players locally up to 4 players online) – A more open-ended customizable approach to the series with vehicle-based challenges set by L.O.G. (the Lord of Games).
- ‘Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise’ (released in 2008 1-2 players locally or online) – Features new species and Piñata Central challenges plus desert and arctic regions to visit and catch native Piñatas.