Developer: 989 Sports
Release Date: 11/13/2001
The next generation in the tradition of the Final Four series; NCAA Final Four 2002 takes fans through the rigors of a full college season with more than 300 Division I-A schools representing 31 different conferences from the powerhouses to the Cinderella-producers. Team-specific playbooks allow gamers to execute trademark offensive and defensive strategies such as Floridas full court press and Temples match up zone. All-new commentary by announcers Eddie Doucette and Billy Packer combine with real college fight songs and crowd chants to help NCAA Final Four 2002 capture the true intensity and spirit of college basketball.
- 10 different player models mean every type of player imaginable can be recreated in amazing detail. All players have the exact skin color height weight and body style of their real-life counterparts. Facial animations are recreated with the use of a proprietary digital-photo application process for amazing realism.
- Build a powerhouse collegiate program over multiple seasons by recruiting freshman to replace graduating seniors. Start off as an assistant coach at a small school and see if you can work your way up to head coach at a major college basketball program.
- Eddie Doucette provides the play-by-play with color commentary from the famous Billy Packer. Listen to all of the action in amazing detail with insightful facts and entertaining conversation.
- 25 dunks include one-handed tip jams reverse dunks and windmill slams. New passes include the no-look pass and the behind-the-back dish. Go for a game-winning basket with a reverse lay-up or nail the fade-away jumper. Former North Carolina standout Joseph Forte was motion captured to deliver highly detailed shot dunk and dribble animations.
- The new back-down button let’s you post up on a defender and fight for position in the paint. After posting up perform a spin move drop step or execute a hook shot from the post. An improved Touch Shooting meter gives you total control of your shot accuracy. With reconstructed artificial intelligence the computer utilizes help defense against your star player and uses full-court pressure to force turnovers and get you back in the game.
- Select your favorite college hoops team and try to win the championship banner. Every arena is recreated in amazing detail to deliver the home-court advantage of college basketball.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor