Publisher: Warner Bros Interactive
Release Date: 4/19/2011
3 in stock
The newest chapter of the iconic fight franchise marks a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2D fighting mechanic. Driven by an all new graphics engine; the fan favorite Fatality is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before. In addition; Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game-play features including tag team and the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches or take on several new game modes.
- Mature Presentation – Fatalities make a triumphant return to their original violent form as Mortal Kombat gives its fans what they’ve been demanding. Graphic details never before possible are presented with the most sophisticated graphics engine in MK history.
- All New Game Play – By returning to its classic 2D fighting plane mature presentation and up to 4 player tag-team kombat; Mortal Kombat introduces an all new fighting mechanic that’s both accessible and provides the depth that fighting game players look for.
- ? Deep Story Mode – Mortal Kombat offers the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players are taken back to the original Mortal Kombat tournament where they try to alter the events of the past in an attempt to save the future.
- ? Graphics & technology – Characters environments and fatalities have never been presented with as much gory detail as in this next generation Mortal Kombat. From internal organs to the most ‘realistic’ blood effects Kombat has never looked this good.
- New Game Modes – In addition to an enhanced online feature set Mortal Kombat introduces Co-op arcade mode and many additional modes to be announced in the upcoming months.