Genre: Action; Adventure; Shooter
Developer: Pandemic Studios
Release Date: 1/11/2005
2 in stock
Mercenaries is a revolutionary; 3rd person action-shooter game set in the near future and inspired by real world events. On the eve of a historic reunification of North and South Korea; a ruthless general stages a military coup to take control of North Korea and threatens the world with nuclear war. The international community launches a global task force to stabilize the region. However; when diplomatic efforts collapse and the region descends into anarchy they announce a one hundred million dollar bounty on the North Korean general and his top military and scientific advisors.
The targets are identified in a ‘most wanted’ list in the form of a 52-card deck of playing cards. As one of the top operatives for a private mercenaries company called Executive Operations; you have been called in to collect on these bounties.
- Massive; open environments that are completely interactive. If you can see it; you can use it; steal it; drive it; fly it; or blow it up.
- Explosive combat – you have the firepower (choose from a huge arsenal of realistic; military weapons) to lay waste to anything in sight.
- Flexible gameplay – Use your weapons and your imagination to figure out how to complete missions in a variety of ways in non-scripted environments.
- Dozens of different military and civilian vehicles; ranging from tanks; cars; trucks; helicopters; and more that can be commandeered at anytime and used for any purpose.
- Some of the best graphics seen on the consoles – great weather and realistic explosion/destruction effects.
- Based on the US military’s system of identifying a ‘most wanted’ list of enemy targets in a playing card deck; players will use the playing card metaphor to identify missions and enemy targets. Take on missions from the different factions in order to gain intelligence and get new playing cards/targets and access to new areas.
- Reputation system that is driven by an embedded journalist that records player actions; which determines how civilians and the various warring factions respond to the player.
- Earn cash from different missions to buy better weapons and vehicles; or sell your vehicles and weapons on the black market.