Release Date: 3/2/2012
The latest addition to the Mario Party series encourages you to think one step ahead of your opponents to collect the most Mini Stars and defeat Bowser. Bowser and his buddies have stolen all the Mini Stars in the sky and it is up to you to achieve the ultimate goal of winning them all back in order to become the Super Star.
Party Adventure is a new board game mode which rewrites the Mario Party rule book by allowing four people to move through the board in one vehicle. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle by hitting Dice Blocks to move the party forward hoping to land on lucky spaces. The vehicles also help to streamline game play and keep everyone involved in the action. New strategies include find the best routes and positions during your turn while also pushing your opponents into trickier spots. This game mode challenges you to work with and against your rivals to compete in exciting Minigames to get the stolen Mini Stars back from Bowser and restore the shimmering night sky.
- Mario Party 9 includes 80 brand new Minigames accessible to all Mario fans and which will find players making pizzas escaping haunted mansions and even racing snowmobiles. When playing on a board the type of space the vehicle lands on determines what type of Minigame is played.
- Boss Battle is a brand new Minigame where up to four players must put their differences aside and combine their powers to defeat a series of classic Mario boss characters to collect Mini Stars leading to a final showdown with Mario’s ultimate nemesis Bowser. Don’t be fooled into thinking this is a team game though while you may need to work together to defeat the bosses you will win Mini Stars depending on your ranking and the amount of damage you have dealt to each boss. Deliver the final blow for a bonus that increases your chances to win.
- New Mini game modes also allow you to play Mini games without having to complete a board ensuring you can always enjoy the action as and when you like. You and up to three of your friends and family can hone your skills at any Mini game in Free Play mode or try the Extras mode that includes Goomba Bowling and the puzzle-based Castle Clearout.
- Mario Party 9 features an array of your favourite Mario characters from the Mushroom Kingdom as well as introducing a few characters which are completely new to the Mario Party series. Choose your favourite and keep the rivalry between you and your friends alive as in Mario Party 9 you don’t have to play against the computer in multiplayer – in the board game or the Minigames – and choose to play with up to three of your friends.
- With a host of new game options characters and 80 new Minigames to master all you have to do now is decide when to host your Mario party.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor