Genre: Platformer; Action/Adventure
Developer: Naughty Dog
Release Date: 11/9/2004
Out of stock
One year has passed since Jak and Daxter saved Haven City from Kor and the attacking Metal Heads; yet Haven City is still immersed in deadly chaos as three groups fight for control of the streets. The people of Haven City have grown to distrust Jak’s dark powers; and as rumors boil of Jak’s ties with Krew and Kor; the city blames Jak for its current woeful circumstances. When the palace is destroyed by a surprise Metal Head attack; even Ashelin cannot protect Jak as the High Council’s power broker; Count Veger; forces Jak into banishment for life to the desolate Wasteland. Upon Jak being flown to the harsh island and dropped off to fend for himself; he discovers that Daxter and Pecker have discreetly followed him to his proclaimed lifetime of hell. With Daxter and Pecker bravely by his side; the three begin their next adventure as they wander the Wasteland and along the way encounter perilous situations violent battles and devastating consequences.
- The new Wasteland features a desert with multiple areas including a mine volcano and the desert city of Spargus that is home to fierce inhabitants.
- True to the Jak and Daxter franchise players will be immediately thrown into a compelling storyline fast-paced action and seamless adventure.
- Vehicles play a large role in the game as Jak and Daxter will unlock a variety of vehicles including off-road transportation. All feature complex simulated vehicle physics and come equipped with weapons.
- Not only will players take on the role of Jak they can also play as Daxter who has an extended role within the game during level-specific areas.
- Now that Jak has been exposed to Light Eco players can transform themselves into Light Jak with amazing new abilities including a move that allows Jak to glide with the addition of large angelic wings.
- Dark Jak powers also return as Jak must find a balance between Light Eco and Dark Eco.
- All of Jak’s weapons from Jak II return with the addition of two devastating upgrades for each gun type.
- Haven City has changed dramatically since players last saw it. After a Metal Head attack destroyed the palace and demolished the majority of the city players will notice some major aesthetic differences that will alter gameplay.
- The Titan Suit and Jetboard return to provide Jak and Daxter additional ways to get around their dangerous surroundings.
- Jak 3 feature new technology including Ragdoll Physics which will allow gamers to observe a unique death for each enemy that is killed cloth dynamics Wasteland terrain renderer revamped spooling and memory management scheme and massively overhauled rigid-body physics system.
- Players will enjoy more than 60 minutes of movie quality in game cinematic.