Genre: Shooter; Tactical
Release Date: 11/30/2004
3 in stock
In the wake of one of North Korea’s worst famines; an insidious North Korean general influences the government to secretly divert humanitarian aid to beef up its army slowly gaining power in the process.
Fearful that North Korea is amassing huge quantities of military weapons the new Chinese regime eliminates arms sales to North Korea. In response the North Korean government initiates secret overtures to Russia who strikes a quiet alliance. In the midst of another North Korean famine food riots begin rocking the countryside and the rogue North Korean general assumes complete control of the army. Blaming China for the famine he begins charging north to seize Chinese territory with tacit support from its new Russian ally.
China moves to respond but limits the level of escalation fearing open conflict with Russia and a possible nuclear exchange. Instead China officially agrees to a multinational force to safeguard the China-North Korean border. Unofficially the Ghosts and other special forces go in. Their mission: cripple the North Korean threat and depose the rogue general.
- Complete Immersion in the War of Tomorrow: Feel the chaos of total war with intense battle sequences countless enemies and a gritty story that only Tom Clancy can deliver. Players will utilize the most high-tech advanced weapons and gadgets to defeat the smartest deadliest A.I. yet in this epic struggle.
- New Graphic and Physics Technology: Real-life East Asian environments are rendered in stunning detail. Plus Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 features next-generation technology such as dynamic lighting multi-texturing and ragdoll physics. The Havok 2 physics engine also provides realistic effects for destructible objects moving vehicles and spectacular special effects.
- Lead a Brand New Team of Special Forces: Interact with and fight alongside new characters to the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon world – each with his or her own look personality and specialization. As the Ghost leader control your squad via voice commands hand signals and a new easy-to-use interface.
- All-New Camera Angle Fully Immerses You in the War: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 unveils a brand-new camera view to the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon world. The OTS (over-the-shoulder) view allows players to see their characters and weapons and watch them react to surrounding mortar gunfire and airstrikes. Players can also communicate with teammates via hand signals to silently trap enemies.
- Wage War Online: In keeping with its tradition as a leader in multiplayer and online gameplay Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 will feature brand-new multiplayer modes.