Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Visual Concepts
Release Date: 2/22/2005
2 in stock
Not enhanced; not adjusted; not tweaked; and not updated. ESPN Major League Baseball 2K5 is ALL NEW and sets the standard for baseball video games. Dominate the diamond with innovative pitching and batting controls; all-new Maximum Fielding™ and On Command baserunning featuring active picture in picture display; quick select controls and a plethora of slide options. Indulge in the true MLB atmosphere as a brand new graphics engine brings stadiums; player models; animations; weather effects and cut-scenes to life in breathtaking detail. With an exclusive ESPN presentation system featuring expert commentary from Jon Miller; Joe Morgan and Karl Ravech in-studio ESPN Major League Baseball 2K5 is your ticket to the Big Leagues.
- On Command™ Baserunning – Own the basepaths by taking complete control of any baserunner with active picture-in-picture baserunning and utilize Maximum Sliding™ to hit the dirt utilizing multiple slide types with the flip of your right analog stick.
- Maximum Fielding™ – Intuitive right analog stick controls make big defensive plays a reality with all new diving catches sliding catches wall climbs robbed homers and bang-bang double plays.
- K Zone™ Pitching – On the mound K Zone™ Pitching flawlessly captures the true essence of baseball with unmatched control over pitch accuracy and pitch velocity while a new batting interface allows for control of swing location and swing type.
- Best Franchise in the Business – Dive into the nuts and bolts of franchise management as you scout and track minor league talent take on GM Mode and even compete multi-player as the best franchise mode in the business gives you all the options you need to create a big league powerhouse.
- Presented by ESPN – New broadcast camera angles chase cam GameCast Live and commentary featuring Jon Miller and Hall of Fame legend Joe Morgan dissecting the action with Karl Ravech delivering the in-studio analysis all in the style of ‘The Worldwide Leader in Sports.’
- The Skybox – Choose from multiple skybox layouts each with their own Hall of Fame wing and deck them out with your favorite in-game action shots as you earn tokens to unlock classic teams mini games stadiums and more.
- Your Game Your Music – Just as the players select the songs that play as they stride to the plate now you can customize the sounds of the game with your Xbox™ by using your own downloaded music to add some true stadium atmosphere.