Genre: RPG; Sandbox
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Developer: Bethesda Softworks
Release Date: 3/20/2007
2 in stock
Oblivion features a powerful combination of free-form gameplay; unprecedented graphics; cutting edge AI; character voices by acting legends Patrick Stewart; Sean Bean; Terrance Stamp; and Lynda Carter and an award-winning soundtrack. Gamers can choose to unravel Oblivion’s epic narrative at their own pace or explore the vast world in search of their own unique challenges.
After the mysterious and untimely death of the Emperor the throne of Tamriel lies empty. With the Empire ready to crumble the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land – laying waste to everything in their path. To turn the tide of darkness you must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
- Live Another Life in Another World: Create and play any character you can imagine from the noble warrior to the sinister assassin to the wizened sorcerer.
- Next Generation Graphics: Pixel-shader effects and high definition televisions are fully supported to create unprecedented visuals including lifelike towns dungeons and the most realistic forests ever created in a game.
- First Person Melee and Magic: An all-new combat and magic system brings first person role-playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.
- Radiant AI: This groundbreaking AI system gives Oblivion’s characters full 24/7 schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. Non-player characters eat sleep and complete goals all on their own.
- Realistic Characters: Oblivion’s features over 1000 non-player characters who come to life like never before with facial animations lip-synching and full speech. They even engage in unscripted conversations with each other and you.
- Open-Ended Game Play; Short Challenges: The enormous world of Oblivion is open for you to explore at your own pace and shorter challenges such as fighting bandits mixing potions creating magic items and persuading friends keep the challenges coming.