Publisher: Sega of America
Developer: Eurocom Entertainment
MultiPlayer: Internet; Same Screen
Release Date: 7/7/2008
In Beijing 2008 – The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games; players will embrace the competitive spirit of the world’s most prestigious sporting event and represent their country as they compete for the highest honor – the Gold. Appearing on next-gen consoles; the game promises to deliver a far more entertaining and immersive Olympic experience by featuring superior graphics that capture the fine emotional detail of each event. A fraction of a second means the difference between winning and losing and brand new gameplay mechanics will challenge players’ time; speed; and coordination. Competing alone or with up to seven friends online players will strive to break records as they lead the US team to victory in 38 authentic Olympic events.
- Over 30 Official Events and National Teams: Across 10 authentic-looking stadiums players will represent the country of their choice and compete in such sports as Track and Field Aquatics Gymnastics Cycling Judo Table Tennis and Canoe-Kayak for the highest honor.
- In-Depth Olympic Games and Competition Modes: In Olympic Games mode players will organize their daily schedule and customize their national teams with agility power stamina and speed for competition in 38 events. With up to three friends players will participate in either single or multi-event challenges in Competition mode.
- New Gameplay Mechanics: There are a variety of controls across all events including a time-based system where timing power and angle are essential a rhythm-based method that requires increasing and sustaining speed and a targeting system to aid players in accurately hitting targets.
- In the Zone: Pulls players right into the athlete’s mind getting them closer to the action and giving them time to accurately control every move.
- Global Online Competition: As a member of the aspiring US Olympic Team players will face challengers from across nations. A multitude of online features including exhibition events and leaderboards will allow players to prove themselves before the world. Additionally world records that are broken during the Beijing Olympics will be updated and reflected in the game.
- Capturing the Olympic Spirit: As the exclusive official video game Beijing 2008 offers an authentic look and feel of the Games ultra-realistic recreations of the Beijing stadiums and a chance to soak up the Olympic spirit in your own home.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor