Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: EA Games
Release Date: 10/30/2007
1 in stock
The Simpsons Game features a hilarious; sprawling; and mind-busting storyline crafted by the TV show’s Emmy Award-winning writers. For this action-comedy the full cast of voice actors from the TV show and movie reprise their roles to lend the ultimate in authenticity and realism to the game.
In The Simpsons Game Homer Marge Bart and Lisa use exciting all-new powers to save Springfield from rising chaos. To help the Simpsons gamers must journey through their home town (as well as vast worlds beyond!) vanquish an amazing array of villains and fight their way through parodies of multiple popular games.
- Play Your Favorite Characters – Battle enemies and save Springfield while playing as your favorite dysfunctional TV family; Homer Bart Lisa Marge and even Maggie Simpson.
- The Real Simpsons – With the actual voice actors from the TV show and movie reprising their roles; characters from The Simpsons Game sound exactly as they should.
- Unique Character Abilities – While The Simpsons family have general abilities that can be used to fight opponents interact with environments and finish puzzles; each one has been imbued with special abilities that are unique to their personalities. These abilities grow and change as they progress through the story to battle tougher and tougher enemies in their quest to save Springfield!
- Looks Like The Simpsons – Using innovative 3D into 2D technology the developers have been able to recreate Springfield and the entire cast of The Simpsons as the most visually authentic Simpsons game to date.
- Featuring Favorite and Original Springfieldeans! – The Simpsons Game features over 100 of your favorite Simpsons characters from the show along with 50+ new characters that were inspired by the fiction.
- An Original Episodic Adventure – The Simpsons Game features a 100% original script from the writers of the show with 4 distinct acts divided into 16 episodes and over 8000 lines of dialogue.
- Springfield Hub – The open-world Springfield was designed as a central locale to jump into episodes with iconic locations to visit characters to be visited and interact with and hundreds of collectibles to be found.
- Parodies and Satire – With parodies of the video game industry pop culture and current events the game has the same gut wrenching hilarity as the show.
- Co-op Play – With two members of The Simpsons family involved in each episode all episodes can be played cooperatively in addition to being played in single-player mode. Play by yourself and switch between characters to solve the various puzzles or have a friend come over pick up a controller and drop-in drop-out of any episode they choose.
- Collectibles – Roam throughout the episodes and Springfield itself to discover custom video game clichés and unique collectibles for each member of The Simpsons family. Collectibles lead to trophies that increase your family’s powers and can be viewed in your trophy rooms back at home on Evergreen Terrace.
- Time Challenges – Every episode can be replayed and each unlocks a unique Time Challenge. Use the skills you’ve learned throughout the game to beat target times over 16 individual Time Challenges.
- One of the most ambitious side scrolling action adventure games containing a Springfield based hub with 12 episodes and over 2000 lines of dialogue. Be an action hero with Bart a wreaking ball of destruction with Homer and use the stylus to solve puzzles and defeat enemies with Marge and Lisa. The Simpsons DS is packed with features including lush environments sprawling across both screens mini-games to unlock and conquer 4 single card multiplayer games to play and even a stylus controlled Pet Homer to love for your own.