Developer: Crytek UK (Free Radical D)
Release Date: 9/21/2004
Bringing a new dimension to stealth action games; Second Sight gives players control of a character endowed with incredible psychic abilities. The game offers multiple approaches to completing levels either via stealth; dramatic gunplay psychic powers or a combination of all three. The ability to psychically influence characters and remotely manipulate objects and individuals provides for a totally fresh gameplay dynamic.
- Second Sight opens with John Vattic the player-controlled lead character as he awakens from a coma in a US medical facility where he has been subjected to traumatic surgery and experimentation. He doesn’t know his name he can’t remember his past all he knows is that his only hope for survival is to escape and unravel the mystery that has led to his imprisonment.
- Haunted by flashbacks which are experienced as fully playable episodes within the game and shocked by the discovery of his own psychic powers the player takes Vattic on a search for his past and in doing so uncovers a fatal chain of events leading to a sinister conspiracy.
- As Vattic explores his present and past the game weaves between these two different time periods which run through the game as a dual-narrative. The player-controlled actions of the past Vattic have consequences in the present … allowing a unique interaction between the player and the narrative of the game as Vattic’s destiny is changed.
- Vattic’s telekinetic powers enable players to shift objects and terrify on-looking guards. As the game progresses and his self-awareness increases additional abilities develop and existing powers are refined. Basic telekinesis is upgraded beyond simply moving objects enabling Vattic to lift enemies and smash them against the scenery as they scream for mercy! This revelation of psychic powers makes for a highly compelling journey and invites experimentation with the newly acquired abilities.
- Further psychic powers are revealed through play: Healing (using psychic power to replenish health) Projection (send your spirit out of your body with the ability to possess another character) Charm (alter the mind of individuals fooling them you’re not there) and Psi-blast to send a destructive shockwave toward your enemies.
- Vattic’s psychic powers can be mixed with an exciting arsenal of weapons … there are 13 weapons in use through the game including pistols and a sniper rifle.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor