Developer: Sony Bend
Release Date: 3/17/2009
Bend Studio has created an all new story; levels; weapons and enemies; as well as a proprietary targeting system that takes full advantage of the PSP control system. Their third generation PSP game engine pushes the system to its limit; allowing more detailed characters; special effects and terrain that captures the look and feel of the Resistance universe on the portable system.
Set in the weeks after Resistance: Fall of Man Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James Grayson. After a personal tragedy – he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion center – Grayson goes on a vendetta to destroy every conversion center he can find. Eventually Grayson learns that his efforts have been futile… in Western Europe the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans to aliens. The European resistance – the Maquis – enlist Grayson’s help and he joins Cartwright and Parker in Operation Overstrike. The war to retake the European continent has begun.
- Game: A third person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2.
- Storyline: Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent follows a single soldier’s grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.
- Engine: Utilizes Bend Studio’s third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.
- Revolutionary Targeting System: Advanced third person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.
- Portability: Liberal checkpoint system makes the title ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.
- Weaponry: Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger Carbine and LAARK as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology – including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K ‘One shot one kill’ sniper rifle.
- Enemies: Over 10 different types of enemies including Chimera from Resistance 2 and Resistance: Fall of Man – including the Titan Slipskull Hybrids and Leapers – and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.
- Multiplayer: Intense eight player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch Capture the Flag Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.
- Resistance Franchise: Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor