Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: EA Sports
Release Date: 7/15/2003
Out of stock
Kicking off the 2004 sports videogame season; NCAA Football 2004 relives the intense rivalries; pageantry; and spirit of college football. Celebrate the history of college football with classic teams like the 1924 Notre Dame Fighting Irish; or replay one of the 20 greatest college football games from the last two decades.
NCAA Football 2004 features new pre-game tunnel presentations; EA SPORTSÔ Talk in-game chat (PlayStation 2 broadband only); and the joy of ripping down the goalposts after an emotional victory over your biggest rival. No other college football game delivers the spirit; atmosphere; and emotion of college football rivalries like NCAA Football 2004.
- College Gameplay: New features include new playbooks with trick plays and mass substitutions; improved AI with zone coverage; block and release; and bump and run; greatly improved kickoff and punt return AI; user-controlled celebrations; and new cameras angles with Rollout Cam and Play Action Cam. New animations include sideline tackles; catches; stumbles; and passing.
- College Atmosphere: An atmosphere overflowing with pageantry; tradition and excitement includes 20 new mascots. Storm the field in a new post-game celebration following a big upset and rip down the goalpost. Upgraded stadiums include a new pre-game tunnel presentation and an authentic team entrance from Notre Dame.
- EA SPORTS Online Competition (PlayStation 2 only): Global login that works across all EA SPORTS titles allows you to create up to four user names; and Messenger finds; manages; and messages your friends while playing. Track online performance with Online Top 100 and stat leaders. EA SPORTS Fair Play feature prevents cheating; and EA SPORTS Talk allows talk in-game (broadband only).
- Deeper Dynasty Mode™: Get Dynasty rankings and fresh covers and stories each week on a magazine cover; other new features include new Maxwell; Groza; and other player awards; a new coaching contract system; and new recruiting tactics.
- Improved graphics and presentation: New details include historic player models including styles from the 1920s through 2002; players; coaches; and referees with more emotion reflected in all new facial animations; and player detail down to dreadlocks; forearm pads; weather-based accessories; and more.
- New College Classics Mode: Rewrite history as you replay one of the 20 greatest games of the last two decades by taking over in a key game situation.
- Over 150 New Teams: Play as one of 36 new 1-AA teams including teams from the Southern; Big Sky; A-10; and Gateway Conferences. Over 100 new Classic Teams include 1930 Notre Dame and 2002 Ohio State.
- My NCAA(r): Write your own page in NCAA Football history: track your most memorable games ever with Greatest Games; and track new career and school records in the Record Book. The trophy room features all-new individual player awards; more Bowl games; rivalries; and conference championship trophies. Campus Challenge is now available in two-player games so you earn more credits.
- New EA SPORTS Bio: Memory card based tracking/rating system recognizes and rewards gamers for playing multiple EA SPORTS titles.
- Sound Enhancements: Improved TV commentary including stat banners and more from the broadcast super team of Kirk Herbstreit; Brad Nessler; and Lee Corso.