Developer: 989 Sports
Release Date: 3/15/2005
NBA for the PSP handheld entertainment system will provide gamers with all the fast-breaks; precision passing; and above the rim action that fans have come to expect from their sport. Supporting up to two players via wireless multiplayer connectivity; NBA for the PSP will test the skills of all hoopsters with a variety of gameplay options including Full Season Mode; where gamers can select any of the 41 authentic NBA teams; including six National Basketball Development League (NBDL) teams; Paint Mode; where gamers compete against the Artificial Intelligence (AI) or go head-to-head against another player in a color-the-court challenge; the PlayStation Skills Challenge Mode; where gamers time themselves or a challenger in an All-Star type competition; and the 3-point Contest. During both single and multi-player gameplay; NBA for the PSP features the ‘Clutch’ Shooting Mechanism; a gamers skill and timing along their ability to pull off spin moves; jukes pump fakes and other special moves will determine if the shot goes or clanks off the rim.
- Full Season Mode Includes simulation trades free agent lists injuries and challenging basketball.
- Mobile Gameplay Gamers can compete locally against friends or other basketball fans from around the country in head-to-head play via Wireless multiplayer connectivity.
- Paint Mode Compete versus the AI or against another player head-to-head in a color-the-court challenge.
- PlayStation Skills Challenge Mode Gamers time themselves against the same obstacles the pros face or take on a challenger in an All-Star type competition.
- 3-Point Contest Mode Gamers take on the 3-point challenge similar to an All-Star type competition.
- Clutch Shooting Mechanism
- Skill-Based Timing Gamer must prove that they’re better than their opponents by mastering the timing of the Clutch Shooting.
- Combinations Add spin moves jukes pump fakes and other special moves to Clutch Shooting for a wider variety of shot animations than in any other basketball game.
- NBA Teams NBA for the PSP offers gamers 41 authentic teams including six National Basketball Development League (NBDL) Teams.
- New Artificial Intelligence (AI) NBA features an entirely new AI that providing realistic gameplay scenarios such as offensive teammates automatically cutting to the basket and back screening for each other to set up the offense spreading the floor defensive switches big shot blocks etc.
- New Player Models Player highlights include player unique skin tones individualized body shapes fully animated texture-mapped faces tattoos and optional head wrist and armbands.
- Motion-Captured Animations Utilizing NBA stars and former All-Americans NBA for the PSP features everything from ball control and passing to shooting and rebounding and signature dunks that have all been synchronized with motion blending technology for tight animation transitions.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor