Genre: Shooter; FPS
Publisher: Vivendi Games
MultiPlayer: Split Screen; Internet; System Link
Release Date: 10/19/2004
Men of Valor: Vietnam is an historical action experience that portrays infantry combat during the Vietnam War. Combining the latest Unreal technology with the gameplay expertise of 2015; Men of Valor: Vietnam immerses the player in the humid jungles of Southeast Asia in the most controversial conflict of the modern era.
Men of Valor: Vietnam follows an American Marine through the early stages of the conflict in Vietnam to the Tet Offensive. Touching on the some of the most familiar scenes of the war as they exist in the popular imagination; the player guides his group of fellow soldiers through the hardship and confusion of the battlefield; bonding with them as they do their duty for their country with the heroism and valor typical of the American soldier but unsung during the turbulent times.
The intensity of the historical battlefield is recreated with cunning AI; detailed graphics; and interactive scripted sequences that put the player in the middle of scenes like those in the finest war films. The storyline follows the player through the major actions in the conflict; from search and destroy missions around Da Nang airbase to the Tet offensive and the counterattack on Hue.
A cast of AI controlled characters accompanies the player through the missions; and he learns their value and mourns their loss as the war progresses. The game supports a cooperative mode that allows the player to experience the entire tour of duty with his friends; and various multiplayer modes allow the player to experience the war from the perspective of North Vietnamese Army or Viet Cong guerillas as well as US Forces.
- Help stop the spread of communism while you join the battle in Vietnam.
- Many missions are based on actual events.
- All uniforms; weapons; and vehicles look and play accurately.
- Gameplay types include manning the door gun on a Huey helicopter; steering a riverboat along enemy-infested shores; battling your way through enemy tunnel complexes; and calling down fire as a forward observer.
- Mission types include pilot rescues; recon patrols; POW rescue; and search-and-destroy ops.
- The rugged jungle terrain of Vietnam is one of the most foreboding landscapes in which war has been fought. Gaming technology (Unreal Warfare engine) has now evolved enough to showcase this in striking detail.
- With their unique weapons; extreme dedication; and unconventional tactics; the VC fighters will contribute to a unique gameplay experience.
- Responsive squad/enemy AI that assesses your actions and responds with tactical intelligence.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor