Publisher: Vivendi Games
Release Date: 9/26/2002
1 in stock
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is a single-player action-adventure game based on the first part of J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic novel ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and featuring Frodo; Gandalf and Aragorn as playable characters. Now; exclusively on the Xboxâ„¢ video game system; Tolkien fans have the opportunity to explore Middle-earth in the Hi-Definition Television format. As players travel through the peaceful lands of the Shire to the darkness of Moria protecting the One Ring from the Dark Lord Sauron; they will be immersed in HDTV’s lifelike pictures and digital sound. HDTV’s high resolution produces a clear sharp picture that will enhance a player’s Lord of the Ring gaming experience.
- Environment maps create stunning reflective surfaces and gorgeous water effects.
- Bump Maps lend additional detail to the environment and characters.
- Multi-pass per pixel lighting technology allows for dynamic light sources that cast light on materials in the world.
- Volumetric Fog is supported for ground and area specific fog effects.
- Characters are followed by real-time dynamic shadows.
- High polygon throughput allows for incredibly detailed indoor and outdoor environments complete with detailed trees plants and other environmental details.
- Sophisticated multi-layer texturing allows for spectacular effects ranging from the subtle shine of worn armor to sunlight sparkling off the surface of a river.
- Dolby 5.1â„¢ Surround Sound full utilization of the Xboxâ„¢ onboard DSP for realistic ambient sounds Microsoft DirectMusicâ„¢ and 3D positional sound effects-A gorgeous cinematic soundtrack dynamically layers throughout the game based on the storyline event or game intensity level.
- High Definition (HD) display and wide-screen formatting .
- Full screen anti-aliasing.
- Vertex shader effects such as dynamic geometry variation.
- Advanced particle system rendering w/ real-time particle system editor.