MultiPlayer: Internet; System Link
Release Date: 5/20/2003
1 in stock
Gamers will be able to create their own superstar hone their baseball skills and challenge their friends online using Xbox Live. Want to learn how to play the carom off of Fenway Park’s Green Monster? ‘Inside Pitch 2003’ will include special training sessions for each position to help gamers perfect their baseball skills.
In addition the exciting Championship Challenges feature offers gamers the chance to reproduce some of the greatest feats of the 2002 season and determine if they can match or surpass the performances of some of today’s most talented stars.
- Championship Challenges put gamers in actual memorable situations from the 2002 season. Gamers can try to break the 7-7 tie in the 2002 MLB All-Star Game™ where some crafty base running and a key hit will avoid the stalemate or surpass cover athlete Nomar Garciaparra’s three home-run and 8 RBI day on his 29th birthday.
- Online features using Xbox Live allow gamers to download content such as new stadiums and roster updates track their online win/loss record batting and pitching stats and view opponents’ stats for matchmaking purposes.
- ‘Inside Pitch 2003’ will allow gamers to use their created players augmented by success in the training sessions and the Championship Challenges to get the upper hand in online competition. Online voice communication during gameplay will increase the importance of a tough mental game as top competitors will undoubtedly be vocal about their success.
- Single game season and playoff modes allow gamers the opportunity to guide their teams against a number of worthy opponents.
- Home Run Derby™ mode allows gamers to test their power and coordination in the popular All-Star break contest.
- The Training Tracks mode enables gamers to bolster their created players by participating in 18 different fielding drills five different pitching drills and six different hitting drills.