Publisher: Sega of America
Developer: WOW Entertainment
Release Date: 3/19/2002
Out of stock
From the first pitch on Opening Day to the final out of the World Series; Home Run KING brings all the fun and excitement of Major League Baseball to the Nintendo GameCube. With Home Run KING’s pick-up-and-play controls and fast-paced arcade action; you’ll be smashing every record in the books. All the players; teams; and stadiums of MLB are here and recreated in amazing detail. Think you’re ready to join your favorite big league stars in The Show? Create yourself; or whoever you want; with a Create-A-Player tool that lets you customize everything from your hairstyle to your cleats. Why stop there? Build an entire squad of your own with today’s All-Stars; your custom players; or a combination of both. Then take the field in multiple game modes; including Exhibition; Season; and Playoffs — or leave the pitching and fielding behind and let’er rip in Home Run Derby™. Any way you play you’re sure to have a ball as you try to become the Home Run KING!
- Fully licensed — Every team every stadium and every player.
- Pick-up-and-play controls including an easy-to-learn hitting interface and adjustable auto-fielding.
- Fast-paced high-scoring arcade gameplay.
- Four modes of play: Exhibition Season Playoffs and Home Run Derby™. Advanced graphics with incredibly detailed player and stadium models and stunning weather effects.
- Fully customizable players and teams. Player-specific batting stances and pitching styles.
- Endless animations with everything from hook slides at the plate to leaping catches at the wall.
- Actual Major League mascots bring their unique character to the game.