Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Release Date: 10/9/2007
1 in stock
Sustained by Lord and Light the twin-headed lion reigns over the kingdom of Ivalice.
A year has passed since the loss of the Fifty Years’ War. The prince though but two years of age has ascended the throne his father having been claimed by sudden malady. Too young to rule the prince requires a regent who would be king in all but name. The queen’s brother Duke Larg had seemed the obvious choice for the regency. However fearing the influence such an appointment would give the queen the Council refused to back him. Instead they appointed the king’s younger cousin Duke Goltanna as regent.
Duke Goltanna and Duke Larg were both generals who had distinguished themselves during the Fifty Years’ War. Duke Goltanna counts as ally the greater part of the aristocracy loyal to the Crown. However the fallen nobility and free knights left in the aftermath of the Fifty Years’ War have aligned themselves with Duke Larg. With Duke Goltanna under the banner of the Black Lion and Duke Larg under that of the White the stage is set for what history would one day record as the War of the Lions.
- FINAL FANTASY turns tactical. Experience strategic turn-based combat on 3D battlefields brought to life with breathtaking art and stunning visual effects
- Customize your characters – with 22 jobs and over 400 abilities to choose from the tactical options open to you in combat are nearly endless
- Uncover secret truths hidden within a gripping tale of intrigue betrayal heresy love and heroism
- Recruit legendary SQUARE ENIX characters to your party including Balthier from FINAL FANTASY XII and Cloud from FINAL FANTASY VII
- Watch key scenes unfold through gorgeous cutting-edge animation
- Immerse yourself in a captivating audio score from Hitoshi Sakimoto the composer of FINAL FANTASY XII
- Fight against your friends in wireless melee or team up with them for co-op missions