Genre: Action; Shooter; FPS
Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Ion Storm
Release Date: 12/2/2003
In DX2 players create a compelling alter ego through the selection of futuristic nano-tech augmentations; powerful weapons and hundreds of useful objects. As in the revolutionary Deus Ex game; character choices; weapons and object use work in combination with a richly interactive world to give players freedom to solve game problems the way they want to; rather than the way the designers want them to. Gamers can fight; sneak talk or hack your way past any problem encountered and every situation can be dealt with in a variety of ways.
That freedom to choose a play style set Deus Ex apart from other games and DX2 takes the idea further – a deeper simulation than ever before offers players even more control over the action. DX2 features a more powerful physics system startlingly believable AI dramatically enhanced character modeling and animation a groundbreaking sound propagation system and state-of-the art lighting and graphics. The game systems contribute materially to gameplay minute-to-minute mission-to-mission and beginning to end.
DX2 takes place approximately 20 years after the events depicted in Deus Ex in a world only beginning to recover from a secret conspiratorial war technology run amok and catastrophic worldwide depression. The winner-take-all geopolitics of mid-21st century Earth have given way to a struggle over more basic concerns: food water reestablishing civil law and cleaning up biological and nano-tech fallout. Several religious and political factions see in the chaos the opportunity to shape a worldwide government and they know that the right moves now could determine the shape of human society for decades – even centuries – to come. The player must reveal the secrets of each faction and the identities of the true players in this struggle for world power. In the end the player discovers that he or she may be the key to all of the factions’ plans. But the greatest mystery of all – the game’s true goal – is more personal much deeper and for maximum impact is best revealed during play. The story is an important part of any Deus Ex-universe game but character development simulation and gameplay are taken together the real heart of the matter.
- Dynamic and innovative first-person action adventure brings a level of reality unprecedented in a videogame.
- Biotech modifications allow players to see through walls leap 40 feet into the air regenerate critical body damage or render yourself radar invisible.
- Globe-hop to real world locations such as Seattle Antarctica and Cairo.
- Cunning stealth gameplay with darkness and sound affecting enemy awareness.
- Variable gameplay offers multiple solutions to problems and support for varying stylistic approaches.
- Non-lethal nonviolent resolution to conflict allowing players to make ethical statements through their actions.
- The player’s progress through the game is supported by an unprecedented freedom of action by a dynamic nonlinear story with responsive plot branches.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor