Genre: Action; Action/Adventure
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Visceral Games
Release Date: 2/9/2010
EA’s Dante’s Inferno tells an adapted story that focuses on delivering a blockbuster 3rd person action game experience while bringing Alighieri’s depiction of Hell to the medium. Players assume the role of Dante; who descends into Hell after returning home to find his beloved Beatrice murdered; with Lucifer seducing her soul into the underworld. Dante sets out on a rescue mission to save Beatrice but he soon realizes he is also in Hell to face his own demons and ultimately to redeem himself.
Players will take Dante through nine unique circles of Hell as mapped out and described by Alighieri: limbo lust gluttony greed anger heresy violence fraud and treachery. Each circle will showcase its own distinct look with demons monsters damned and geography that are crafted straight from the poem’s vivid descriptions.
To take down the demons of Hell Dante is outfitted with two primary weapons: the Scythe he takes from Death and the Holy Cross given to him by Beatrice which has spiritual powers that will help Dante collect souls and spells from the creatures he defeats on his journey. The game also features a deep upgrade system so gamers can customize their abilities to their specific gameplay style something they’ll need as Dante comes face to face with Hell’s fiercest beasts and bosses. If successful Dante will be able to tame certain beasts exacting their will and turning Hell’s punishments back on itself.
Built on the same technology as the award-winning Dead Space Dante’s Inferno will deliver a fast fluid and responsive combat experience running at 60 frames per second a must-have for the action adventure genre. The game is being built by Visceral Games with the same attention to polish the studio has become known for with Dead Space.
- An Epic Adaptation of a Classic – Based on part one of Dante Alighieri’s classic poem ‘The Divine Comedy’ Dante’s Inferno is a 3rd person action adventure game that takes Dante on an epic journey through Hell as he seeks to rescue the soul of his beloved Beatrice.
- The Nine Circles of Hell – Just like the poem players will descend through Dante’s unique nine circles of Hell: limbo lust gluttony greed anger heresy violence fraud and treachery. Each circle features distinct environments enemies and story elements befitting the sins committed by their inhabitants.
- Control the Beasts of Hell – Dante’s Inferno features large scale beasts and bosses some of which Dante will be able to fully tame utilizing them to throw back Hell’s wrath to its minions.
- Fast Addictive Responsive Combat – Dante fights through the nine circles armed with Death’s Scythe and Beatrice’s Holy Cross with magic powers and a deep customizable upgrade system helping the player take full advantage of a fast and fluid gameplay experience that will never run at lower than 60 frames per second.
- Bring Hell With You Wherever You Go – Dante’s Inferno gives PSP owners the same level of fast responsive gameplay through all nine detailed and unique circles of hell the team is aiming to achieve on the consoles.
- Visceral Games Stamp of Approval – From the award-winning studio that created the critically-acclaimed Dead Space Dante’s Inferno will receive the same relentless focus on quality and polish Visceral Games has become known for.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor