Genre: Action; FPS; Survival Horror
Publisher: Sega of America
Developer: Monolith Productions
Release Date: 11/16/2005
Condemned: Criminal Origins allows players to experience a heightened level of psychological tension as they use their instincts; forensic tools; and melee/firearms combat to track serial killers and bring them to justice. Gamers will play as Agent Thomas; an investigator in the FBI’s Serial Crimes Unit (SCU) whose pursuit of relentless serial killers leads him through urban environments filled with sociopaths lurking on the periphery of humanity.
Presented in a first-person view for maximum visceral effect this atmospheric thriller is best played with the surround-sound up and the lights off. Given the power of nextgeneration hardware Condemned: Criminal Origins features photo-realistic backdrops life-like physics and highly sophisticated artificial intelligence. Weapons and ammunition are scarce leaving the player vulnerable to a gallery of mentally deranged criminals. Careful detective work and precision reflexes are a player’s primary means of survival. Inspired in part by the films of the psychological thriller sub-genre Condemned: Criminal Origins maintains an intense focused pace. Players can never be sure what waits around each corner.
- Next-generation lighting mapping and filtering techniques provide for environments of unprecedented detail and visual quality.
- Intelligent enemies respond strategically to your offensive and defensive maneuvers.
- High-level physics allow players to manipulate background items which respond realistically when picked up kicked or bumped.
- A tightly wound story is backed with strong character development and major plot twists.
- Meticulously crafted 5.1 surround-sound will cue players to the location of offscreen enemies.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor