Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: The Collective
Release Date: 8/19/2002
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a third-person action/adventure game based on the international hit television series. Players take on the role of Buffy Summers; a typical student by day and a fierce destroyer of the undead by night. Buffy the Vampire Slayer combines fighting; action; drama; humor exploration and puzzle solving in a complex interactive 3D environment.
Eons ago powerful demons walked the earth. Over the ages these ancient demons lost their control over society and failed to keep up with the changing times. The Old Ones as they were known were forced to retreat to the depths of Hell while mortal man reigned the world. Now back for revenge the Old Ones are trying to take over the earth by creating a bridge between Hell and earth and leading an army of demons into the living world. For this terrible plan to succeed the Old Ones require the dark powers of the Master a 600 year old vampire with expertise in opening dimensional portals.
Enter Buffy Summers a 17-year-old high school student who must balance adolescent growing pains with the responsibility of being the ‘Chosen One’ to rid vampires and other demonic creatures that threaten the worlds existence. It is up to Buffy to save the world from vampires and demons and to save the human race from being ‘drained’ from this devilish plan.
- Voices of favorite characters from the TV series including Angel Xander Willow Cordelia Spike the Master and Giles are featured in the game to help Buffy rid the world of evil.
- Players fight a range of enemies including Spike The Master Drusilla demons zombies and other supernatural creatures that threaten mankind.
- All of Buffys favorite haunts are richly detailed: Sunnydale High School the cemetery The Bronze nightclub and the library which is the portal that sits on top of the Hellmouth.
- Special supernatural effects such as morphing creatures eldritch explosions dynamic fogging and arcane spellcasting enhance the dark mythical setting of the game.
- An intelligent combat system allows enemies to perform counter attacks and learn from characters fighting techniques.
- Buffy has special abilities and powers called Slayer Powers that can be used to destroy the enemy depending on her current level of experience and power: Martial Arts Gymnastics Super Jump Speed and Strength Quick Healing and Slayer Sense
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor