Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Gearbox Software
Release Date: 5/3/2016
2 in stock
Battleborn is a first-person-shooter with a deep roster of 25 playable heroes. Every hero has their own personality and comes equipped with their own unique weapons and powers. Through Battleborn’s accelerated character growth system; players will fully experience each hero’s leveling progression in a single story mission or multiplayer match. Battleborn is set in a distant future; where nearly every star in the universe has gone dark at the hands of a mysterious enemy. Solus; the last star; is the only beacon of hope for the universe’s surviving population. The fading of stars has led to a great war among those desperate for the last remaining resources. Heroes; called Battleborn; fight for the dominance of their unique factions as all life in the universe teeters on the brink of extinction. Now; the mysterious enemy is threatening to finish what they’ve started and only an unlikely alliance between the universe’s most powerful heroes can stop them.
- Story Mode: Battleborn’s Story Mode is a narrative experience that can be played entirely singleplayer and is even better when it’s played cooperatively with friends both splitscreen and online.
- Multiplayer: Battleborn’s team-based competitive multiplayer action can be experienced by up to 10 players online in 5v5 matches and includes three distinct multiplayer modes.
- Incursion: Teams of heroes must defend their base from waves of AI-controlled minions while working together alongside their own minions to destroy their opponent’s base.
- Devastation: Teams of heroes face off in a fast-paced death match and must capture and hold objectives on the map to win.
- Meltdown: Teams of heroes must guide their minions as they march to their death at the center of the map. Points are scored for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator and the team with the most points wins.
- Persistent Progression System: All experience points whether earned through playing Battleborn’s Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer modes contribute to leveling up individual Character Rank as well as player profile Command Rank.
- Character Rank: Each hero can permanently rank up from 1 to 10 outside of missions and matches allowing players to swap out augments in their helix skill tree as well as unlock skins.
- Command Rank: Players can rank up their own player profile unlocking badges and titles to impress friends and loot that can be used to benefit any hero the player chooses to command.
- Factions: The last star Solus is the only beacon of hope for the universe’s surviving factions.
- The Peacekeepers are sworn protectors of Solus
- The Eldrid are preservers of the natural order of the universe
- The Rogues are mercenaries only concerned with their own survival
- The Last Light Consortium (LLC) are war profiteers exploiting others for their own gain
- The Jennerit Empire rule others by force valuing power above all else
- Battleborn Heroes: Battleborn has a deep roster of 25 playable heroes and no two are the same. Every hero has their own personality and comes equipped with their own unique weapons and powers.
- Helix System: Battleborn’s accelerated character growth system allows players to level-up a character from 1 to 10 and fully experience each hero’s unique weapons and powers in a single story mission or multiplayer match.