Developer: Eurocom Entertainment
MultiPlayer: Same Screen
Release Date: 7/13/2004
Athens 2004; The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games has been designed to capture the spirit and emotion of the Olympic Games while providing the most detailed and comprehensive Olympic licensed video game ever made. Athens 2004 allows users to compete in four Arcade and eight Competition Game Modes ranging from Practice to the Official Decathlon and Heptathlon combined events; while choosing one of 64 countries and 800 different characters. Athens 2004 features some of the Olympic Games’ most challenging sports; including Athletics (Track & Field); Aquatics (Swimming); Gymnastics; Shooting; Archery; Weightlifting and Equestrian. Players will be able to participate in more than 25 events including Hurdles; Long Jump; Pole Vault; Shot Put; 100m Butterfly; Floor Exercises Men; Floor Exercises Women Rings Men and numerous other Olympic events.
- Olympic License – Athens 2004 is the only official licensed video game product of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on console.
- Events – Participate in more than 25 events including:
- Thirteen Athletics (Track & Field) Events including: 100m 200m 400m 800m 1500m Hurdles Long Jump High Jump Triple Jump Pole Vault Javelin Throw Discus Throw and Shot Put.
- Four Aquatics (Swimming) Events including: 100m Freestyle 100m Backstroke 100m Breaststroke and 100m Butterfly.
- Four Gymnastics Events including: Floor Exercises Men Floor Exercises Women Rings Men and Vault.
- One Shooting Event: Skeet.
- One Archery Event: Individual 70m.
- One Weightlifting Event: Clean & Jerk.
- One Equestrian Event: Jumping Individual Mixed.
- Stadiums – Modeled on architectural plans authentically crafted 3D event arenas approved by the IOC were generated for Athens 2004TM. Those stadiums include:
- Olympic Stadium – Home to Athletics (Track & Field) events.
- Olympic Aquatic Center – Main Pool – Home to Aquatics (Swimming) events.
- Olympic Indoor Hall – Home to Gymnastic events.
- Panathinaiko Stadium – Home to Archery events. This stadium was used during the original Games in 1896.
- Nikaia Olympic Weightlifting Hall – Home to Weightlifting events.
- Markopoulo Olympic Shooting Centre – Home to Shooting events.
- Markopoulo Olympic Equestrian Centre – Home to Equestrian events.
- 800 Characters from 64 Countries and Five Continents – South Africa Nigeria Kenya Ethiopia Morocco Algeria Cameroon Egypt Gambia Senegal Japan Korea Saudi Arabia People’s Republic of China India Malaysia Singapore United Arab Emirates Hong Kong Islamic Republic of Iran Pakistan Philippines People’s Republic of Korea Australia New Zealand Fiji United States of America Canada Brazil Mexico Chile Argentina Bahamas Colombia Cuba Jamaica Trinidad and Tobago Great Britain France Germany Italy Spain Sweden Denmark Netherlands Greece Russian Federation Ireland Switzerland Austria Finland Norway Belgium Bulgaria Croatia Hungary Israel Poland Portugal Romania Czech Republic Turkey Ukraine and Serbia and Montenegro.
- Four Arcade and Eight Competition Game Modes ranging from Practice to the Official Decathlon and Heptathlon combined events:
- Practice Mode – Athens 2004TM offers a player to practice events with unlimited attempts at each event in a non-competitive environment.
- Single Event Mode – In addition to playing for medals Single Event Mode awards players based on a point system. Players can then take their points to The Olympic Store where points can be exchanged for hidden items and features.
- Challenge Mode – A simulation section that reflects the spirit of the Olympic Games. 1-4 players compete against real times and real world records in real Olympic scenarios.
- Party Mode – Athens 2004TM is truly an interactive experience while competing in Party Mode. Players can display their athletic ability by using the Dance Mat while competing in 10 different events including Hurdles 100m Freestyle Gymnastics Floor Exercises plus many other challenging events while chasing the gold medal.
- Competition Mode – Individual Decathlon Heptathlon Athletics (Track & Field) Aquatics (Swimming) Gymnastics Champion and Custom.
- Dance Mat Compatible – Dance Mat makes Athens 2004TM a truly interactive experience as gamers attempt to run faster swim stronger and jump higher all while competing on the Dance Mat.
- Motion Capture From Some of the World’s Top Athletes – Athletes from Athletics (Track & Field) Gymnastics Archery Weightlifting and even horses for Equestrian were motion captured in an effort to deliver animations and realism to this category like never before.
Case and Manual Only No Game, Case Only, Complete In Box, Game (May have Case and Manual), Game Case, Game Case (May have Manual), Game Manual, Game Only, Manual Only, New Sealed
Damaged, Excellent, Fair, Good, Poor