Publisher: Majesco Entertainment
Developer: Backbone Entertainment
Release Date: 2/14/2006
Rating: Everyone 10+
2 in stock
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings boasts turn-based strategy gameplay â€“ a first for the franchise â€“ asplayers move from the Dark Ages through the Middle Ages with one goal in mind: domination of the known world.
- Command one of five different civilizations: the Britons Franks Mongols Saracens or Japanese;
- Control special ‘hero’ units such as Richard the Lionheart Robin Hood Joan of Arc and Genghis Khan whose special ‘hero’ powers affect the entire battlefield;
- Lead over 45 different types of units into battle – from bowmen and monks to hand cannoneers mercenaries and samurai;
- Players’ can construct and upgrade buildings to help their units learn new skills and create resources for their civilizations;
- Research over 50 different technologies like chemistry ballistics siege craft and spying to advance civilization into the next age;
- A new Combat Advisor offers advice on certain campaign strategies and provides an assessment of the battle’s outcome;
- Multi-player scenarios allow up to four players to wirelessly battle each other;
- By gaining Empire Points players can unlock maps and units to improve their Emperor Rank;
- Includes the music and sounds from the best-selling PC version.